Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Upgraded Boot Tray

A couple weeks ago my BFF, Katie, introduced me to Pinterest.  OMG! It is my new obsession!  There are sooooo many good ideas out there!  I was a little resistant at first when she told me that I just HAD to join because it was so cool.  Well, I am so super glad that I did.  I have been inspired in so many different ways.


I have boards for foods that I want to try once I'm done with my diet, ideas for my home, things to do with Luke, etc, etc.  I have gotten so many good ideas to do in my house.  One of them was the pebble-filled boot tray.  The original link was to Martha Stewart.


Now, my old boot tray was nothing to write home about.  It served its purpose, but wasn't much to look at.  It kept the melting snow from ruining the laminate flooring in the entry, but it looked dirty and gross.   And I never did like the way it looked with the way the rest of the entry is decorated.


Then along comes Martha!  



I took my boots off the boot tray and gave it a good shake outside to get any tiny pebbles or loose dirt out of the tray.  I didn't bother cleaning it out real well, because, well, it's a boot tray.  It's going to get dirty again as soon as I come in from being outside again.


I had a bunch of running around to do today; so while I was oot and aboot, I stopped at the dollar store.  I found the perfect pebbles for the boot tray.  They were a total bonus because I actually went there to pick up some vases for another Pinterest project I want to try, but more about that one later.  So, I found the perfect pebbles and picked up eight bags.


I dumped all eight bags into the tray and viola!  Gorgeous!


I think the next time I'm back in town again, I'll pick up a couple more bags, just for good measure.  Don't the pebbles just spruce up  that boot tray ever so nicely!  It's like a whole new tray!  It's so much more decorative than the plain tray and looks so much nicer!


Fashion and function!  LOVE IT!  I tell ya, that Martha is some sort of genius.  

2 comments:

  1. I'm totally doing this too...I think it's so cute and practical!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Katie! Grant even said it looks better now and that it's practical.

    ReplyDelete